Thursday, November 27, 2003

thanksgiving!

it's turkey day... i've loved it the last few years when ramazaan/eid have coincided with the holiday season- this year more than ever, since Eid was tuesday and today is thanksgiving. it's been this surreal week where every day is a party- or special in some way.

lots of things to be thankful for- where to begin? i'd like to thank:

my parents for being people i can actually talk to- who i can reason with- who were my first definition of home and will always be the epitome of comfort and security to me.

aziz for shouting at all his friends to watch me jump off the diving board for the first time (20 years ago)- and for lecturing me on every topic he can think of, all the time. (no matter how busy he gets, he still has time to guide me. i appreciate it.)

my friends for being reachable and supportive. especially those who have been in the same boat as i these last three months- as much as i like to complain, you've made life easier...

everyone who reads my blog - knowing you're out there is positive feedback!

murtz for introducing me to david gray. i listened to that cd last night as i went to sleep and made a mental note to thank him, so here it is :) on that note, actually, tracey chapman for having been born. you rock.

Fate for taher. thank you MUCH.

and Allah for all of the above.

happy thanksgiving, everyone!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home