Friday, February 17, 2006

find a job you love...

i am embarking on a project with my friend helen- helen is an artist in all media- she draws, paints, weaves, even sculpts. right now, she is making homemade paper and painting on it, and she is producing things that i find beautiful and inspiring.

i was on the phone with her a while ago, and she told me she thought we should collaborate- she wanted to create cards and paintings and have me put words to them- a phrase, a quote, a paragraph, whatever that painting called for.

of course i agreed, because this is the kind of creative project that i am hungry for - i love my work and am happier with my writing-life than i have ever been before, but it is still nice to have a project to work on that is so purely artistic.

a couple of days ago, helen sent me a package filled to the brim with things she's been working on, and a host of other things that she sent me for inspiration. and a wedding present :) it was a great package, as packages from helen always are. and now i have all these interesting pieces of media spread around me and i can't wait to begin finding the perfect words.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home