Tuesday, February 21, 2006

valuable

if ever, god forbid, there was a fire, i would run around yanking pictures out of frames and stuffing them into my pocket, and a blank book that angie gave me that i have since filled with very important things- on the pages of the book are quotes and phrases that i have come across in poems or books or everyday life, that i find beautiful and wonderful and that always leave me in awe of the world we humans have spun for ourselves- in the back of the book, in an envelope, are some of the most important letters i have ever received.

some of these letters are just a couple of sentences in an email that i printed and cut out- some of them are bona fide letters. a couple of them are cards. one of them is a tiny folded note. whatever the form, they are lines that people wrote to me that i can read over and over and still be struck with how lucky i am.

they are from different people- a couple of emails from my dad, a letter and a wonderful poem from taher, super-brief notes from my brother, a heartfelt paragraph from alison, etc etc etc. things that stand out from the other thousands of emails and notes in my life because they are so stunningly full of love. for me. makes me feel lucky.

it's a no-brainer. i have read a lot of books in my life, but this is the one i would choose if i had to choose one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home