Thursday, April 20, 2006

favorite day

many tuesdays, i go to my parents' house and spend the day there; i work alongside my dad, chat with my mom (who is off on tuesdays), have lunch with the two of them and then tea with the two of them and then dinner with the two of them, and basically just revel in the comforts of the day.

sometimes taher meets me in the suburbs after work and we have dinner out there; when he does that, the day is even better. but even if he doesn't, i still love these tuesdays.

it's just nice being at home with my parents; it's a totally different pace than the rest of the week; weekdays are spent cozy at home with taher, weekends are busy and hyper-social. but tuesdays are simply good for my soul. i feel lucky to have the parents i have, and i look forward to seeing them for an entire day.

tuesdays remind me that there is a lot i take for granted.

1 Comments:

Blogger Adnan said...

you should write a book and call it Tuesday's with Hajra

12:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home