Monday, July 17, 2006

the good thing about sisters

last week, devon came to visit. my partner in crime throughout college. my opposite-in-every-way kindred spirit. my comfort zone in a way that only a few people can be. my gorgeous-without-knowing-it southern-hospitality best friend.

she stayed with taher and me for a week, and in the course of that week we managed to eat out way too much, shop way too much, and giggle way too much. went to the museum and got haircuts and watched movies and visited loyola and got caught in the rain and took silly pictures and reminisced and ate a lot of ice cream. the best week ever.

what made the week even better was that farida was in town at the same time. my other partner in crime. my i've-known-you-so-long-that-you-know-all-my-stories sister. my i-can-giggle-with-you-about-nothing-for-hours, we-can-communicate-complex-messages-just-by-moving-our-eyebrows, mind-reading confidante.

devon and i met farida for the day and we just hung out and had a very Girly Day, and it was so very good for my soul. to be surrounded by people who truly know you. who you can be yourself around in the most fundamental way- with devon and farida, i can just sit there and not talk and they still understand me. i can be a bit of a brat and it's taken the right way. i don't have to be polite or funny or conversational. honestly, i can just be. farida, devon, thank you for last week, for the years of memories, and the incredible load of mischief you have helped me create.

1 Comments:

Blogger Baraka said...

Salaam,

This made me feel so relaxed just by reading it...sisters/girlfriends have that incredible knack of letting you be you, bringing a truckload of beautiful memories to laugh over, and new ones to create together.

Warmly,
B

11:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home