Friday, August 04, 2006

light

"He describes the light on the Seine. It was golden, he says; it had the effect of making you feel nostalgic for a mement you were still in."

this line hit home for me; it happens to me all the time. when i am having a genuinely good time, with people i really love, i feel this nostalgia. while i am still experiencing the moment, i feel sentimentally towards it.

it happens when taher and i are on our way to a movie or dinner and we are still in the car, looking for parking, and i am enjoying the anticipation of the evening and the pleasure of the company. it happened on the train in ireland as i sat next to devon, watching green countryside flying by- i knew that although this was only day 2 of our three-week trip, that it would fly by and the years would fly by and i could see myself looking back at that moment. just as i am now. it happened my senior year in college when i sat on the couch, talking on the phone to my bhabi tasneem, and telling her that christmas vacation was almost upon me and senior year was almost over and oh no! it was all almost over and i missed college already!

do you know what i mean?

1 Comments:

Blogger Baraka said...

YES.

What a beautiful way to describe something I've always felt but never quite been able to articulate.

Thank you,
Baraka

11:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home