Friday, October 27, 2006

i like you

last night i needed to review a restaurant for an article i'm writing, so taher and i went to check it out. it's called Tavern on Rush, which many of you might have heard of; it's pretty good food and we had a nice time, sitting by a window, safe from the rain, taking our time.

and then we drove home and listened to a CD and sang along and i notice that a lot of my favorite moments are when it's the two of us in the car, with good music, watching the local city streets fly by outside the window. i love that scenario so much.

4 Comments:

Blogger Taher said...

me too

11:29 AM  
Blogger Liddlelulu said...

I totally know what you mean. It's like an adhoc.. or even, in the moment, you have this thought, and everything turns into slow motion for just those few moments while you're actually conscious of the time & events passing.

My favorites are grabbing food, and walking somewhere sitting on a bench and finishing the food on our laps, or with the food between us on the bench or a slap of concrete. Sharing napkins, ketchup, and a soda.



Your writing of the reminiscent times/days reminds me of Ray Bradbury's Dandelion Wine. I read it in 8th/9th grade, and it's tone is very retrospective (if that makes any sense.) I like it.

Er. Or maybe it's because of the mood I'm in, listening to this khwaab song, Marya got me hooked on.

9:33 PM  
Blogger ZP said...

lulua, i like your comments- they're like long emails- but i can never reply to them, since i don't have your email address anymore. send me an email so i have it :P

10:23 AM  
Blogger Liddlelulu said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home