Thursday, November 02, 2006

(not much) deeper than that

"Now the years are rollin’ by me,
They are rockin’ evenly .
I am older than I once was, younger than I’ll be,
That’s not unusual.
It isn’t strange
After changes upon changes,
we are more or less the same.
After changes, we are more or less the same."

those of you who know me know that i love lyrics; i hear a new song and i immediately listen to the words and if they speak to me, if they are my kind of poetry, then i love the song.

certain songs move me so much that when i hear them, i feel intensely the inspiration in life.

these lyrics in particular- i feel as though the longer we live, the more we become ourselves. stripped of the edifice that we spend so much time putting into place.

i saw a play with my "little sister" the other night, and afterward we had a conversation about this very idea. "after changes upon changes, we are more or less the same." indeed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home