Wednesday, November 22, 2006

oh yeah, THAT's what life is about

taher and i were watching CSPAN the other night (for the record, this was the first time we snuggled on the couch to CSPAN, so hold your comments!) and muhammed yunus, recent nobel peace prize winner, was talking about microcredit and his vision of social responsibility.

check out this link to see what microcredit is. it's worth your time:

http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/2006-10-13-norway-nobel_x.htm

after watching the speech, and talking about it with taher and then my parents, i started to think about the kind of mindset that goes into creating such a simple- yet elegant- idea.

i feel that sometimes i am more caught up in the inanities of daily drama than i am in genuine introspection and the creation of ideas. i know what is most important in life, but i distract myself from that, rather than indulging in it. why is this?

some of my closest friends keep telling me to take what is important and keep it close, and let the rest- all of it- just go.

3 Comments:

Blogger md said...

i remember telling you about the grameen bank in cairo, and you being totally uninterested -what happened??!

7:56 PM  
Blogger ZP said...

i don't remember that. maybe you explained it boringly :P

9:40 AM  
Blogger Liddlelulu said...

I noticed with myself, creativity doesn't just flow, it's usually inspired. When I'm in the environment where I can bring the creativity to the table, I notice myself constantly thinking of bigger and better ways to improve a situation.

If I'm just chilling on the couch, I think I'm too grounded, the electricity just runs straight to through with no effect.

10:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home