Monday, December 11, 2006

community

taher and i were at masjid on saturday night, and an unbelievable number of people came up to each of us and did a vida salaam. times like that, i feel awe at our community; these aunties and uncles have known me since i was born, and in these times of khushi, i feel like everyone's daughter. it's good to be "from" somewhere.

it was an amazing feeling, how happy everyone was for me. they were either telling me about their hajj experiences, or asking me to do dua that they too would go for hajj soon. but the way they all spoke about hajj reminded me that i am about to embark on quite a journey.

it's not just another trip. i am going to go farther than i have ever gone before, and even when i return, i will not be back where i started.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Taher said...

It certainly is not just another trip. I feel like I will be taking so many people with me. Only when we married have so many people wished me mubarak.

3:00 PM  
Blogger Aziz P. said...

its because you're the vehicle for everyone to reach God. We are all traveling with you, when you find the Center.

11:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the new settings--me likey likey. :)

1:32 PM  
Blogger Liddlelulu said...

That's so true. It feels like I'm going too, or at least I have this immense excitement for everyone I know going whether they are close to me or not.

Godspeed.

8:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home