Monday, January 15, 2007

being back

it is monday, the start of a new work week, and i have begun to tackle some of the work that has been put off for a month. doing my work makes me feel re-settled into life in chicago. i am back to my old routine, and there is a certain security in that.

before i left for hajj, i expected the experience to change me. in this, i was not disappointed. i feel a responsibility to the hajj i have just performed; i made certain niyats while i was in mecca that i intend to keep.

i'm happy to be back home, but i feel at this moment that a part of me is still rooted in the experience i have just had. or, alternatively, that i have brought the experience back with me. something about the last month feels very tangible to me, and i am able to keep it close. i hope this feeling remains. it is giving me a lightness and a resolve that has so far colored everything i've done since returning to chicago. inshallah it continues to do so.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Baraka said...

Salaam 'alaykum and hajj mubarik!

I would love to go on Hajj sometime soon insha-Allah - and I look forward to hearing more about your trip as and whwn you feel like sharing.

Warmly,
Baraka

2:43 PM  
Blogger Baraka said...

To clarify: I know you've written about some experences below, what I was referring to is transformation, which you hint at here:

before i left for hajj, i expected the experience to change me. in this, i was not disappointed.

Thanks,
B

2:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home