Tuesday, January 15, 2008

order

yusuf just turned 7 weeks old and i feel like my life is finally beginning to return to normal. somewhat. of course, "normal" now means something completely different, in that having a baby has drastically changed our lives and our concept of routine.

for the first few weeks of the baby's life, his schedule - or lack thereof - completely ruled my life. it had to be that way, since i have never been a mother before, and i needed time to adjust, during which my only concern was to take care of the baby. the past two weeks, however, i have begun to understand how to fit other things into my life and how i can accomplish more in a day than simply eating and feeding yusuf.

i look forward to what is ahead, and i remind myself every day to enjoy myself. it hasn't been easy, but it has been joyful. taher and i linger over yusuf's bathtime and sing to him; we exclaim over how long his eyelashes have suddenly become; we work as a team and find that we excel at it. there are many things for which i am thankful, and my family, especially its newest member, tops that list.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Baraka said...

Congratulations my dear on wonderful Yusuf entering your life and the world!

May you the three of you always be blessings to one another!

Lots of love,
Baraka
www.rickshawdiaries.wordpress.com

10:36 PM  
Blogger Mohammed said...

7 weeks already!? time flys soo fast!

8:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home